Should you get a cortisone shot for low back pain? Many patients come to our alternative medicine clinic in... Read More ››
Best Childrens Backpacks
Step 1: Choose Right.
Choosing the right size backpack is the most important step to safe backpack use.
Tip: Bring a friend to help you measure your backpack properly.
Step 2: Pack Right.
The maximum weight of the loaded backpack should not exceed 15 % of your body weight, so pack only what is needed.
Tip: If the backpack forces the wearer to move forward to carry, it’s overloaded.
Step 3: Lift Right.
Face the Pack -Bend at the Knees – Use both hands and check the weight of the pack. – Lift with the legs – Apply one shoulder strap and then the other.
Tip: Don’t sling the backpack onto one shoulder.
Step 4: Wear Right.
Use both shoulder straps – snug, but not too tight.
Tip: When the backpack has a waist strap – use it
DC Pack™ is the only backpack designed by a Doctor of Chiropractic and co-founder of Backpack Safety America/International, the world’s first comprehensive educational program for safe and proper backpack use among school-age children. Why purchase the DC Pack™ for yourself or your child? Here are just a few of the many reasons why:
- Special lumbar support takes stress off the back and encourages healthy posture by using the backpack’s weight to maintain the natural curves of the spine
- Wide, cushioned, adjustable shoulder straps distribute the contents’ weight to reduce pressure on shoulders and neck and adjust to fit any student
- Equipped with light-reflective material that enhance safety by making it easy to spot the backpack and its wearer in dark areas
- Ergonomically designed in true small, medium and large sizes that afford a perfect fit for every student from the smallest kindergartner to the tallest teen
- Unlike other backpacks, DC Pack™ affords surprisingly ample carrying space for large books and over-sized notebooks while limiting the load and preventing the damage so often caused by over-packing and excessive backpack weight
- Waist strap helps secure the load to the child’s body, preventing side-to-side sway and imbalance that can cause injuries due to falls
- Mobile phone/mp3 player holder located conveniently on one shoulder strap provides easy access for use
- Available in four attractive colors – candy apple red, sky blue, royal blue and black – each with reflective stripes that increase safety by making the backpack and its wearer easy to spot in dark areas
- Zippered outer compartment provides easy storage for keys, pens, pencils and calculators
- DC Pack™ comes with a lifetime guarantee. If it breaks, simply send it back with a note on where to send the replacement. If for some reason we cannot replace it, we’ll refund the purchase price.
For information on how to implement a Backpack safety program in your school you can call our office, (Dr. Spallone) or visit Backpack Safety America. You can buy DC backpacks here. Thanks to Martino TV for the attention to this often time overlooked issue.